The values and ethos that Greenleas promotes to pupils and staff includes a commitment to build and maintain strong relationships. In our school we focus on:
Our school aims to meet its obligations under the public sector equality duty by having due regard to the need to:
• Eliminate discrimination and other conduct that is prohibited by the Equality Act 2010
• Advance equality of opportunity between people who share a protected characteristic and people who do not share it
• Foster good relations across all characteristics-between people who share a protected characteristic and people who do not share it
Our Equality and Access Policy outlines fully how we achieve this in school and includes:
· Promoting tolerance and understanding of a range of religions and cultures through different aspects of our curriculum and through our Values education.
· Holding assemblies dealing with relevant issues. Weekly Values assemblies are held along with Key Stage assemblies which often deal with these issues.
· Considering the impact of significant decisions on particular groups. For example, when a school trip or activity is planned, the school considers whether the activity:
o Cuts across any religious holiday
o Is accessible to pupils with disabilities
o Has equivalent facilities for boys and girls
Please view our policies on Equality on our Policy page which cover our SEND policy, Disability & Equality Plan, Equal Opportunities, Public Sector Equality Duty, Anti-racism, and Supporting Children with Medical Conditions.
Our school specific equality objectives can be found in our Equality and Accessibility policy.